kind of gregorian/ moving noteheads

From: Rita Composer
Subject: kind of gregorian/ moving noteheads
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:02:53 +0100

Dear Developers!

In my opinion one of the best music notation software is Lily! It is easy to use for several music style.
I am Franciscan nun. I deal with church music. I can use Lily for several notation also Gregorian music. Thank you!

At home (Hungary) there is a special notation for easy Gregorian music. It use ordinary 5 staff system with some special noteheads. When I use melismas I have to be able to put several noteheads next to eachother. In many times I have to put stems and other lines between these noteheads. But usually is should be without stems.

I tried with the following method: \override NoteHead #'extra-offset = #'(-5.5 . 0) a4.

But it is difficult to use with several noteheads.

There is an example for easy greg music that how its should be look alike: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B745ugBBMgJ-UDFsZUtNaUdOWFBiR1JRQUVjdFJXMDBCam1Z/view?usp=sharing

Here is my attempts in Lilypond, plus I tried to show my problem visually : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B745ugBBMgJ-Z0wyNklaSUs2Q2NVamVHNXMyZHIxWGl4cVNJ/view?usp=sharing

One of my friends suggested that a font type might be helpful to developers:

He wrote "here is notation for this easy Gregorian music. This is a WYSIWYG editor, and we can manually type the music in the editor by a code table. It is awful to use. It is not good to use more voices. It would be great to use this notation in Lilypond.

This is the webpage of this notation (unfortunately Hungarian): http://egyhazzene.hu/letoltesek-linkek/guido-betukeszlet/

here the font set for English keyboard: http://egyhazzene.hu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/guidoen_.zip

here the code table (only works after installing font set): http://egyhazzene.hu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/guidoen_kod.pdf
"

I guess it would be engough if I were able to put several noteheads next to eachother. Together with all of the components of that note (ledger line/ dot/ lyrics)

Thank you very much!

Sister Judit