Re: strange behaviour with dotted note before gregorian music

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: strange behaviour with dotted note before gregorian music
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 00:12:36 +0100

> On 27/01/15 18:25, Ali Cuota wrote:
>> Here it is.
>
> Hardly a 'tiny' example
>
> http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html
>
> Can you at least get rid of the cruft that isn't anything to do with the
> problem? I.e. a single file would help to determine if the problem is to
> do with the 'include' function or not.
>
> Are all those lyric override settings necessary to show the problem, is
> the ragged-last setting needed? ditto system count and all those context
> overrides etc etc etc).
>
> The point is that the more complex your example the less likely that it
> will even be looked at let alone acknowledged as a bug.
>
> James

James, is right. Remove all the stuff not needed to show the problem.
A really tiny example would mean, that the problem would disappear, if
you'd remove any further sign.

Nevertheless I had a look into it.
I didn't compile it. Because too much work on a non-tiny example ;)
Though from reading the code:
The "normal" file has 4. as last duration.
LilyPond remembers this and will start the next musical-expression
with this duration (the gregorian one), unless it's specified
different.

So you should specify the duration of the first note of the gregorian
code and be done.

Cheers,
  Harm