[ANNOUNCE] my newest Lilypond engraving

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] my newest Lilypond engraving
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 15:51:57 -0500

Hello all!

Just a note to announce my newest Lilypond engraving: my Chaconne for
unaccompanied violin (2001).
(You can download the score at
<http://kierenmacmillan.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Chaconne_letter.pdf>.)

There are still some improvements I’m planning to make over the next little
while — for me, tweaking the engraving of a score can be as endless as revising
the composition itself ;) — and it’s not going to win any international music
publication awards (cf. Urs & Janek!).

All that being said, I’m pretty proud of it. Despite the fact that the piece
was written almost fourteen years ago, and has had multiple performances and
even a commercial CD recording, this is the first time I’ve made the score
available to the public: the original score, engraved using the now-defunct
Igor Engraver, never lived up to my aesthetic standards, and in fact was the
reason I ended up moving to Lilypond the following year.

Thanks to everyone in the ‘Pond, especially: the development team, old (Han-Wen
et al.) and new (David K. and David N. et al.); Jan-Peter, for the
\editionEngraver (which saved hours of frustration making this score look the
way it does); and all those who have given me great assistance on the list over
the years.

I included a little shout-out to Lilypond in the score’s Colophon — my way of
continuing to tell the world that Lilypond makes the most beautiful scores.

All the best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>