Re: new font? (was "Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid")

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: new font? (was "Re: Gridly: simple Segmented Grid")
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 13:56:28 -0700 (MST)

Conor, et. al.,

Looking closely at the score, I don't believe the staff lines are pre-fixed at all, since I can see variable spacing. I can't say for anything beyond the one page in the pdf, of course. My experience tells me that LilyPond can manage just about anything I throw at it :)

As for making the font, it wouldn't be that difficult. Create missing glyphs will be relatively easy since it's a hand-writing style, so I wouldn't need a lot of reference material. It would take some time and work, however, so if there's enough interest in it, some financial sponsoring would be very helpful, though not required.

Cool idea, Kieren! Where is this sample from?

-Abraham

Sent from my iPhone