Re: Spacing Cheat Sheet

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Spacing Cheat Sheet
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 21:36:30 -0000

Noeck wrote Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:05 PM

> I would also be interested in how the stretchability value is used.
> I assumed it would be someting like \vfill in LaTeX, in this case only the
> relative value with respect to other spacings would be significant – i.e. the
> available extra space would be shared in proportions of the stretchability of
> the spacings. But this was just a guess.

I think that is right.  The Notation Reference says:

"stretchability – a unitless measure of the dimension’s relative propensity to
stretch. If zero, the distance will not stretch (unless collisions would
result). When positive, the significance of a particular dimension’s
stretchability value lies only in its relation to the stretchability values of
the other dimensions. For example, if one dimension has twice the
stretchability of another, it will stretch twice as easily."

See
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

Trevor