Re: Moving a markup

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Moving a markup
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:31:42 +0100

Op Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:00:32 -0500
Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> schreef:

> Greetings -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.18.2 under Win7, with Frescobaldi 2.17.2.
>
> I'm trying to move a markup which has a \concat command, and I cannot
> figure out how to do it. As you can see from the snippet, I've tried a
> variety of solutions. Besides those commented out, I tried \null, but
> I may not have placed the command in the correct spot.
>
> I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction.
>
> I appreciate your time and attention,
>
> Ralph
>
> %%%%%%%%%%% snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> moveMarkupTest =
> \relative c'' {
>   \key c \major
>   \clef treble
>   \time 2/4
>

>   %\once \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(-20 . -20)
>   R1*1/2
>   %\mark
>   ^\markup   {
>     %\left-align
>     %\halign #-20
>     \concat {
>       {
>         \large \bold
>         {
>           "Un poco Pi" \char ##x00F9 " lento, "
>         }
>       }
>       {
>         \tiny \note #"4" #UP " = 66"
>       }
>     }
>
>   } |
>   e4 b |
>   b4 c |
>   d4 a |
>   a4 c |
>   b4 f |
>   f4 g |
> }
>
> \score {
>   \moveMarkupTest
> }
>

> %%%%%%%%% end snippet %%%%%%%%%%%%

You could add a tweak to set left alignment for the markup:

%%SNIP

\version "2.18.2"

moveMarkupTest =
\relative c'' {
  \key c \major
  \clef treble
  \time 2/4

  R1*1/2
  -\tweak self-alignment-X #LEFT
  ^\markup   {
    \concat {
      {
        \large \bold
        {
          "Un poco Pi" \char ##x00F9 " lento, "
      {
        \tiny \note #"4" #UP " = 66"

  } |
  e4 b |
  b4 c |
  d4 a |
  a4 c |
  b4 f |
  f4 g |
}

\score {
  \moveMarkupTest
}

%%END

or simply use the \tempo command:

%%SNIP
\version "2.18.2"

moveMarkupTest =
\relative c'' {
  \key c \major
  \clef treble
  \time 2/4
  \tempo "Un poco PiĆ¹ lento" 4=66

  R1*1/2 |
  e4 b |
  b4 c |
  d4 a |
  a4 c |
  b4 f |
  f4 g |
}

\score {
  \moveMarkupTest
}

%%END

...which automatically aligns the tempo indication above the time
signature.

--
Wilbert Berendsen
(http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl)