Re: staffSize music function unreliable at LP v2.19.16

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: staffSize music function unreliable at LP v2.19.16
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 16:01:39 -0600

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Harm,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

thanks for testing. So this function may use as a test-case.

No idea whats causing this bug, though. And because I'm not able to
reproduce it, I can't help furthermore :(

I don't think I could do anything either.  I wouldn't know how to build LilyPond for Windows to verify any fix...

An observation.  In the following snippet, you'll note in the log output  that the default-direction of the downstemmed F and B is 0--CENTER.  This means that Stem::calc-direction (in lily/stem.cc) will take the property 'neutral-direction.  This property is supposed to specify the direction of a note on the midline--B only in our case.  F should have a default-direction of 1.

Note that adding

\override Stem.neutral-direction = #1

fixes the problem for the bad stems.

David