Re: I want MIDI only for a specific tag

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: I want MIDI only for a specific tag
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 17:06:59 +0100

Hi Anders,

simply delete midi in your score and create a new one just for the midi:

\score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff
    \keepWithTag myStaff {\melody }
    \new TabStaff
      \keepWithTag myTab { \melody }

  \layout { }
}

\score {
    \new Staff
    \keepWithTag myStaff
    \melody
  \midi { }

Pierre

I have a peace of music that has a Staff and a TabStaff but the music is not the same. How would I create the midi so it only plays the tag that is used in the Staff

In the sample I only want MIDI for the tag myStaff.

// Anders

Sample code
%% Start
\version "2.19.15"

\header {
  title = "Test of MIDI"
}

global = {
  \time 4/4
  \key c \major
  \tempo 4=100
}

melody = {
  \global
  \tag myStaff { c'8 d' e' f' g' f' e' d' c'2 r2}
  \tag myTab { c'8 d' e' e' g' e' e' d' c'2 r2 }
}

\score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff
    \keepWithTag myStaff {\melody }
    \new TabStaff
      \keepWithTag myTab { \melody }

  \layout { }
  \midi { }
}
%% end
--
English isn't my first language.
So any error or strangeness is due to the translation.