Re: Non-printing score-wide dynamics

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Non-printing score-wide dynamics
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:45:22 +0000

On Wed, 2015-03-04 at 12:53 +0000, Kevin Barry wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 12:39 PM, David Sumbler <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>         What I want is for the individual instruments' dynamics to
>         remain with
>         and apply to them, but simultaneously to allow any dynamics in
>         the
>         normally invisible midiStaff to apply to all of them.  Is this
>         possible?
>
> You could try creating a variable (a music expression) that consists
> of nothing but spacer rests and (invisible) dynamics. Then add that
> variable to every staff in your score.

Thanks for that suggestion.  In view of the fact that I am really just
trying to get rid of irritating and vague warnings during the compiling
of the midi file, it is probably not worthwhile having a whole other
context for occasional dynamics.  But I can certainly define a whole
bunch of invisible (stencil = ##f) dynamic marks and put them in the
actual instrumental parts where necessary.

David