Re: Text ignored by spacing

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Text ignored by spacing
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 06:27:13 +0100

Hi Joram,

Try:

\version "2.18.2"

{
  c''->
    ^\markup \with-dimensions #'(0 . 0) #'(0 . 0)
    "note"

Pierre

Hi,

can I put a text relative to an object without affecting spacing?
Considering, { c''->^"note" }, the "note" pushes the staff a bit down. I
would like it to appear at the same position w.r.t. the staff (it also
may be different, I don't care too much) but being ignored by spacing
(thus reaching into the top margin).

Is that possible?

My goal is to have debug-text which can be switched on but must not
affect the layout (may collide with the real content instead of pushing
anything around).

Best,
Joram