Re: Divisi in just one measure of a choir score

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Divisi in just one measure of a choir score
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:58:32 -0000

Niels wrote Friday, March 20, 2015 12:53 PM

> In the following example I want to add the text to the music.
> The second measure is divided in two voices.
> However the text skips the second measure.

This is the structure you need:

\version "2.16.2"

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \relative c'' {
        \time 3/4
        fis2 fis4
        <<
          { \voiceOne eis2 eis4 }
%    \\
          \new Voice {
            \voiceTwo
            eis4( dis) eis
          }

        \oneVoice
        fis2 fis4
      }
      \addlyrics { a b c d e f }

Don't use "\\" but rather just define a second voice.

BTW, 2.16.2 is now rather out of date.  There are
many improvements in 2.18.2, and even more in
release 2.19.17, which includes improvements being
prepared for 2.20.

Trevor

Trevor