Re: Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Narrow down search of Lilypond documentation to English
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:44:54 +0100

Colin Tennyson wrote:

> Feature request:
> Restructure the Lilypond documentation in such a way that it becomes
> possible for Google to narrow down searches to a single language,
> in my case english.

But you can include the inurl: operator in your search terms.
e.g. to get just french, use inurl:fr.
This works for any of the translated sets.

No "en" code is provided in the URLs for the untranslated docs,
so to narrow down to just english, you have to exclude translations:
   -inurl:de. -inurl:fr. -inurl:es. -inurl:it. -inurl:nl. -inurl:ja.

This is a pretty unwieldy spell, but not too difficult to automate.
The attachment demonstrates one method.

> I'm eager to learn whether my guesses are correct.

Well, in previous URLs the code wasn't in the filename,
but rather between slashes - on its own level.

At first sight it seems a pity that no "en" code is provided,
but see my comment after proposal J in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-10/msg00627.html

My search_218.html is an minimally updated version of the old
inurl-testrig. It may be a bit outdated
e.g. re robot permissions or browser versions.

Cheers,
Robin