[OT] arbitrary-row matrix generator?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: [OT] arbitrary-row matrix generator?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 10:14:58 -0400

Hello all,

Does anyone know of an arbitrary-row matrix generator app/tool/website, that
would do to (e.g.) a 10-note Dorian “row” like

   D  G  A  E  F  A  G  B  C  A

what standard 12-tone matrix generators (like
<http://composertools.com/Tools/matrix/MatrixCalc.html>) do to a 12-note
chromatic row? Ultimately, the tool should be able to accept any set of pitches
as the “base scale” (e.g., 19-note microtonal scale), and any set of pitches as
the “row” (i.e., it wouldn’t have to be “exactly one of each note found in the
scale”).

I could programme such a thing myself, I suppose… but I’d rather not reinvent
the wheel, if possible.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer