Re: Vertical positioning of temporary staves

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Vertical positioning of temporary staves
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 11:12:06 +0100

Phil, you wrote Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:39 AM

> I can't easily use stopStaff, etc., because the temporary staves are
> autogenerated in my real life application.  How would I keep the context
> alive otherwise?

By using spacer rests, but you'd still need to stop and start the staff to
remove the staff lines in the gap, so this probably isn't a solution for you
either.  Actually, I can't find any solution which has music between the two
parallel sections - this causes the temporary context to die and it can't be
resuscitated.  A break might be a work-around.

The way I would do it (without your application constraints) would be to have a
permanent context just for these temporary bits, with spacer rests to keep it
alive, and stop/start staves to activate it as needed.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Trevor