Re: "procedure" vs. "function"

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: "procedure" vs. "function"
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 18:57:53 +0200

Hello,

Yes, historically a disctinction was made between the « sub-programs » that return a value and those that don’t, but the Scheme docs seem to use the terms function and procedure interchangeably.

In C++, everything is a function : a procedure is merely a function that returns a value of the « void » type, i.e. no value.

JM