Something wrong with transposing instruments? (Was: Re: Survey: Large sc

From: Gilles
Subject: Something wrong with transposing instruments? (Was: Re: Survey: Large scores)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:43:22 +0200

Hi.

[Sorry for the thread hijacking.]

[...]

Another thing: For me, also the implementation of transposing
instruments is less than ideal (I prefer to write the pitches in
concert pitch and have them transposed for the parts, rather than the
other way around, as it is implemented at the moment).
[...]

Can you give an example?  To my knowledge, both ways of encoding are
equally simple in LilyPond. [But I perhaps I misunderstood what you
mean.]

Best regards,
Gilles