Re: Concepts that may be missing (or are at least hidden) in LilyPond

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Concepts that may be missing (or are at least hidden) in LilyPond
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:16:57 -0500

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 11:17 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm still trying to get a list of musical concepts that you commonly use
to talk about music that are either missing or hard to find in LilyPond.

So far we have a set of two:

Instruments
Measures

Are there any others that you can think of?

What about the concept of a word in lyrics?  Right now we have items of  LyricText but nothing that explicitly groups them.

One potential usage is in allowing syllables to "snap" together if they are too close together for a hyphen to appear.  You can see a mock-up of the process though a newly defined LyricWord grob here < http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg90951.html >.  (This snippet is also at openLilyLib: < https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/notation-snippets/lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap >.)

I suppose such a thing could also be used for reading off a text sans hyphens.

David