Re: teaching a university module on engraving with lilypond

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: teaching a university module on engraving with lilypond
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:00:33 -0400

Dear Kevin,

On Apr 27, 2015, at 10:18 AM, Kevin Barry <address@hidden> wrote:

The scope of the course will be to teach some of the finer points of engraving (Gould is the module reference text) and then get them to produce their own editions of out-of-copyright scores which we will then try to upload to mutopia (and perhaps imslp, but I haven't looked into that).

This sounds fantastic, congrats!  If you are looking for scores to work on you might start here:

https://github.com/MutopiaProject/MutopiaProject/issues/355

These are scores that are popular on IMSLP (in terms of downloads) but aren’t (yet) available on mutopia.  And there may be more where those came from if you inquire on the mutopia mailing list.

All the best,
-Paul