lilypond, frescobaldi, and Fedora 22

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilypond, frescobaldi, and Fedora 22
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 17:40:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Since the Fedora 22 (beta) package of LilyPond doesn't work I decided to remove ("sudo dnf remove lilypond") lilypond from my system for now and downloaded and installed the Linux installer version from the LilyPond website instead. This one does work because it includes older and compatible Ghostscript components.

In Fedora 22 the "yum" command has been replaced by "dnf".
Unfortately "dnf remove remove lilypond" automatically also removes the "python-ly" and "frescobaldi" packages. And if I do "dnf install frescobaldi" the Fedora lilypond package is automatically installed. Both I don't want. I want to use the lilypond installer from the Lilypond website, and I want to install frescobaldi and python-ly from the Fedora 22 repository.

Any suggestions from Fedora 22 + Lilypond users here?

--

MT