Re: a proper whiteout function

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: a proper whiteout function
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 18:54:17 +0000

On 5/18/15 12:49 PM, "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:

>At any rate, there should probably be a user-specifiable way to change all
>three values that govern the performance, whether by context properties or
>by arguments.

As I think about it some more, perhaps the most logically-consistent set
of three properties is:

offset -- How big is the white outline in staff-spaces
radial-increments -- how many copies of the white stencil do we make on
our way out to offset
angle-increments -- how many copies of the white stencil do we make
between 0 and 2*pi

And should we have a color argument, as well?  Could we want to make the
outline some color other than white?

Thanks,

Carl