how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?

From: pls
Subject: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 20:45:59 +0200

Hi all,

LilyPond’s automatic fret diagrams really are a very helpful feature! More
often than not it helps to not having to predefine and store a diagram in a
lookup table.  But it has one little drawback: it doesn’t automatically include
a barre indication when several strings are to be covered by one finger.  The
default diagram actually looks a bit as if six fingers were needed to play this
chord (see example).

\version "2.19.15"
{
  \new FretBoards {
    <f,-1 c-3 f-4 a-2 c'-1 f'-1>

I have had a look at the \override options of the FretBoard and many details
are customizable but of course it’s not possible to override a barre indication
that isn’t there.  Now, is there a known way to (manually) add barre
indications to automatic fret diagrams or do I have to use predefined fret
diagrams for barre chords in general?

tia
patrick