Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: how to add barre indications to automatic fret diagrams?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 23:16:28 +0000

On 5/23/15 11:59 PM, "pls" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Maybe I should back the code back to where a barre will be indicated
>>only
>> if the fingers are specified in the chord, and no barre will be
>>generated
>> when an open chord is transposed.  That would be a straightforward fix.
>> It would never generate any surprising results, because it would only
>> generate barres that the user had entered by indicating that multiple
>> notes should be played with the same finger.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
>Sounds reasonable.  Would something like this work?
>
>\transpose f g { <f,-1 c-3 f-4 a-2 c'-1 f'-1>1 }

Here's a revised version of translation-functions.scm.  It will generate
barres only if fingers are indicated, and multiple strings use the same
finger.  It does work properly on the chord you listed above.

It does not generate barres on transposed open chords.

Please review and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Carl