Sometimes order is significant

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Sometimes order is significant
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 07:05:33 -0700

I've noticed over the months I've been using LilyPond that there are some parts of the syntax that depend on order and some that don't.  For example:

{ c'!8 }

Everything about must be in the exact order -- the note letter, the octave indicator, the force accidental, and the rhythm.  Are there others?

Everything else I can think of can be in any order.

And so on.  Is this worth mentioning in the documentation somewhere?  Specifically, I had to do a little experimenting to figure out where the forced accidental markers (!?) were places syntactically.

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)