Re: relative NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details offsets?

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: relative NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details offsets?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 13:53:51 -0700 (MST)

+1!!

This was my exact thought last time I used this override.

- Abraham

On Monday, May 25, 2015, Kieren MacMillan [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

The title says it all, really: I sometimes resort to using NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details to tweak the placement (usually Y-offset) of certain systems or staves within systems.

But currently, all values must be given as an absolute distance from the top [or left] of the printing area. This results in a great deal of trial-and-error, and given the fact that recompile times are large for many of the [sizeable] scores I’m engraving, my productivity is definitely reduced when I hit that point in the process. Furthermore, if I’ve made a relative adjustment, and (e.g.) the layout of a system above changes, a relative adjustment from where Lily *thinks* the system should be is almost certainly still closer to “the truth” than an absolute setting.

Is there a way to allow NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details Y-offset to be set in relative terms (like \offset does with many properties)?

Thanks,
Kieren.