Re: Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 19:06:29 +0000 (UTC)

Knute Snortum <ksnortum <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'm having a problem shaping ties of chords after more than one measure.  I
have an internal voice that comes in on the third measure and the ties go
right through it.  \shape doesn't seem powerful enough to handle this (at
least I don't know the syntax).  Here's what the measures should look like:

\shape would be great for this, but there is a bug
preventing it from working on any note but the first in a chord.
 <g-\shape #'((0.5 . 0)(8 . -1)(-8 . -1)(0 . 0)) ~ c'~ f'^~>2 q

You can flip on tie up, if you indicate the ties for each note in the chord:

\new Staff { \time 2/4 \clef bass
  <<
     \new Voice { \voiceThree
     s2 * 2