Re: Nashville notation as chord symbols

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: Nashville notation as chord symbols
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 18:48:44 +0200

Hi David, everybody,

> Rather, you need to put your code into an engraver.  You then "consist"
> the engraver to a context.   You can't get at it within your function.

OK. I need to define an engraver, that's a statement I can live with.
However, is there any documentation or definition of the make-engraver
function anywhere that is readable to the "informed layperson" that has
been typesetting music with Lilypond ever since 1.6.6, but doesn't know
all the internals of the program?

I've gleaned from a few emails that the engraver then needs "listeners"
and "acknowledgers" defined. If I understand correctly, I shouldn't need
any listeners, but the chord-name-interface as the acknowledger. Is that
correct? And then how do I go about stuffing the function that
essentially redefines the chordRootNamer in there so
chord-generic-names.scm will call it?

I'm sorry I'm such a dunce, but with the amount of documentation
supplied, make-engraver is extremely hard to grasp.

Kind regards,

Amy