Re: Changing notehead sizes within chords

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Changing notehead sizes within chords
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:48:09 +0200

> "David B. Stocker" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 06/29/2015 06:32 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe:
>>>
>>> \version "2.18.2"
>>>
>>> font-size-tweak =
>>> #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
>>>     (map-some-music
>>>       (lambda (m)
>>>         (and (music-is-of-type? m 'note-event)
>>>              #{ \tweak font-size #-3 $m #}))
>>>       music))
>>> HTH,
>>>    Harm
>>
>> Klaus and Thomas,
>>
>> Thank you. These are exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.
>>
>> I've been starting to fool around with scheme and it's going very
>> slowly. Maybe examining these and learning how/why they work will help
>> me with the lilypond-specific scheme knowledge required to start
>> solving some of these challenges.
>>
>> Do either of you recommend a source on Scheme for beginners?
>
> Your best bet at this level is the "Extending LilyPond" guide in the
> manuals: the above example contains actually only two typical Scheme
> constructs, namely "lambda" and "and".  All the rest are specific to
> LilyPond.
>
> And even then you'll just find some of those constructs covered in the
> guide.  The next step then is skimming
>
> ly/music-functions-init.ly
>
> and see what makes sense to you, trying to look up some of the functions
> used there (several more complicated ones are defined in
> scm/music-functions.scm).

For typical scheme- (better guile-) constructs you can refer to the
guile manual and you'll find a lot of scheme-tutorials online.

> And read the user list for people's problems and the given solutions.

Yep, I still benefit from studying those problems/solutions.
Actually, my proposal is inspired by
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2015-06/msg00673.html
adjusting it to the current problem/version exactly as David K recommended.

Cheers,
  Harm