Re: sharping naturals

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: sharping naturals
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 09:35:44 +0200

Am 25.07.2015 um 01:32 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> I’m no Scheme expert, of course… but it seems there should be a relatively
> easy way to code a music function which says “take all pitches [entered as
> ’naturals’] and add any accidentals which exist in the corresponding key
> signature entry for that pitch class”, no? i.e., if the input is ‘c’, and
> there’s a C# in the key signature, output cis; if the input is ‘d’, and
> there’s a Db in the key signature, output des; etc.

What you can do is something like

bmajoraccidentals = { c cis d dis f fis g gis a ais }
\modalTranspose c cis \bmajoraccidentals \relative {
    \key b \major
    b c d e f g a b
}

So you don’t even need a new function. But that’s very unflexible as it
doesn’t allow you to enter pitches other than b cis dis e fis gis ais,
bis, eis, and all the flats. But you won’t get it much more flexible
even with a new function.

A even simpler way to do this (however with different midi output):

\relative {
    \omit Accidental
    \key b \major
    b c d e f g a b