Re: Install error: lilypond-2.19.24-1.linux-64

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Install error: lilypond-2.19.24-1.linux-64
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:58:22 +1000

Hi,

There’s no problem with the 2.19.24 downloads. In both situations you show, there is an error with tar thinking the files are bz2 files. You must have an odd configuration for tar defaults on your system. I suggest you look into that. The files are fine on Fedora 22.

By the way, the tar file is source code. Are you trying to build from source?