Running Lilypond from Debian in a virtual machine via Qemu

From: David Topham
Subject: Running Lilypond from Debian in a virtual machine via Qemu
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 06:19:28 +0000 (UTC)

Andrew,  Thank you very much for the tip!  I just installed VirtualBox and
Lilypond worked instantly!    Qemu is actually a good virtual machine and
I have been using it for years with no problems at all, so I never
suspected that there was some problem with interaction between Qemu and
Lilypond but evidently there is! Since my "host" machine is Windows 7, and
the "guest" machine is Debian I can't use the kqemu version which I
believe is faster, but this seems more like some bug in the way the
virtual machine interacts with some software within Lilypond. i.e. Other
programs have no issues including Ghostview and Latex, and ProofPower.
I appreciate you taking the time to make that suggestion!  -Dave