makam.ly

From: BB
Subject: makam.ly
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:49:15 +0200

When using makam.ly the "normal" lilypond notation for accidentials i. e. cis gives an error. One has to use cbm for a full sharp with makam.ly. I think that is not very pleasant. And the mnemonic

% c half sharp

% fb half flat

% fk full flat

% bm full sharp

is real bad.
One more to make tabs is impossible and midi is also erroneous?

If an elf or witch would give me a wish I would like to stay with the usual postfix for the full sharps and full flats and as a simple add on to the  "normal" accidentials just two simple extensions, eventually hs (=half sharp) and hf (half flat) for the quarter accidentials. This is simple and the mnemonic is excellent - at least to my oppinion.

Is there any library or trick available to use accidentials as usual and simply add quarter tones?

Just for the moment I help myself with

c-+
and
c--
for c half sharp and c half flat respectively. As one more benefit I can use this for tabs as well!
Of course that does not work for midi - may be one might add some lilypond extension?

Regards