Re: arabic tabs?

From: BB
Subject: Re: arabic tabs?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 13:49:09 +0200

>>Thank you very much for your Help with your code! Your code works fine, here is an example code:

oud = \stringTuning < f a d' g' c'' f'' >

% https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rast_%28maqam%29

RastC = {

\relative c'

{

c d eqf f g a bqf c |

c d eqf f g a bqf c |

}

%\break

}

<<

\new Staff <<

% \clef "G_8"

<>^"Rast on C"

\RastC >>

\new TabStaff <<

\set TabStaff.stringTunings = #oud

\tabFullNotation

\RastC >>

<<
\new Staff <<
% \clef "G_8"

<>^"Rast on D"

\transpose c d
\RastC >>
\new TabStaff <<
\set TabStaff.stringTunings = #oud
\tabFullNotation
\transpose c d
\RastC >>

The mnemonic is great compared to makam.ly and arabic.ly. So I always give your solution preference ove the other both. Should become part of lilypond,
2.10.1 Common notation for non-Western music!
the use goes far bejond only just oriental music notation! One might use it for music with extended quarter-tone music. What is bejond that ? How to notate sixth-tone?

I can work with the turkish way of notation, but I would prefer the arabic notation of quarter tones. Is that possible to change in a somple way?

Just for information , the word makam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makam
is used for the turkish way of notation, whereas the word maqam
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_maqam
is used by the arabs for the arab way of notation. (In the wikipedia article for maqam the notation is not consistent, as it uses turish/arabic notation mixed. Better have a look at
http://maqamworld.com/
for the arabic way of notation.

So, the file makam.ly at least is a misnomer! Should be maqam.ly. (Not really important, but may be inetresting in detail.)

Thanks again,
BB