Re: Text spanner text in the middle

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Text spanner text in the middle
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:30:29 -0400

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 4:40 AM, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 14.08.2015 um 04:40 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
Hello Ponderers,

I need a custom text spanner with text centred in the middle of the spanner. I know you can provide text at the left or the right with the bound-details alist, but how would one go about making a spanner with text in the middle, similar to a tuplet bracket which has the number in the centre of the span?

So, like this:

[==== x3 ====]

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

have a look at these two solutions:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01111.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01137.html

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lilypond-user%40gnu.org/msg95934.html

It concerns a more advanced version of the openlilylib function which handles multiple bar spanners.

HTH,
DavidĀ