Re: \transpose and quoting

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \transpose and quoting
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 11:31:22 -0400

Hi Simon,

> I’m looking for a way to quote another voice, but in a different octave.

I ran into this, too. Don’t know if it’s the best way, but I used

    \addQuote “melody_8vb” \transpose c c, { \melody }

and then directly quoted the [pre-transposed] quote.

Of course, it would be much better to generate a single quote and be able to
transpose it post hoc. Maybe there’s a way of doing that in Lilypond, but I
don’t know it.

Hope this helps,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer