Beam exceptions

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Beam exceptions
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 13:28:09 +1000

In the following MWE, I would like to have the second bar have a primary beam across all the notes, as per the first bar. I imagine it may require more than what I have here, possibly something to do with setting up beamExceptions? How does one do this?

As others have noted in the past, the documentation on beamExceptions is pretty dense and quite hard to comprehend.

\version "2.19.25"

{
  \time 2/4

  % simple, even pattern
  \set subdivideBeams = ##t
  \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1/8)
  \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(4 4)
  c''16 c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' |

  % irregular pattern
  \set Timing.baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1/16)
  \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(2 3 3)
  c''16 c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' c'' |
}

Andrew