Re: Change size of notes in addQuote passage

From: owainsutton
Subject: Re: Change size of notes in addQuote passage
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 17:59:23 +0100

<address@hidden>

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Owain Sutton <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I want a full quote of the line, including slurs/dynamics/etc. so it's
> playable
> by a different instrument if the intended one is not present, so I'm not
> using
> Cue instead.  However, I want the quote to be with reduced size noteheads.
> This
> override doesn't cause any change:
>
> \addQuote sopQuote {
>   \transpose c' c {
>       \override NoteHead #'font-size = #-3 \sopCornet
>         }
>     }
>
> What's the best way to go about it?

Greetings, Owain Sutton -

It's not clear to me exactly what you want to see. Can you supply an
example? Would an ossia staff be appropriate?

Ralph

-- Ralph Palmer
Brattleboro, VT
USA
address@hidden

I'm not sure whether the functionality I'm looking for comes under 'quote' or
'cue' operations.

This is the soprano cornet part I'm quoting from:
http://i.imgur.com/OAknAsY.png

Using 'transposedCueDuring', it appears like this in a tenor horn part:
http://i.imgur.com/06B1kgf.png. The slurs, dynamics etc. are stripped out, but
I want them to be included.

Is there a way to (a) use 'transposedCueDuring' which retains these details
from the original, or (b) use 'quoteDuring' instead, but with reduced note
sizes similar to those from the 'cue' operation?