Re: how to get notes without tails?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: how to get notes without tails?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:07:07 +0200

> Am 30.08.2015 19:53, schrieb Simon Albrecht:

>>> Thank you for helping!
>>>
>>> Indeed I meant "stem". Concerning to dict.cc (almost always correct)
>>> "tail" is also in use.
>>

>> Maybe in some very specific (paleographic?) context? In general
>> they’re definitely always called Stems. We also have a LilyPond
>> Glossary (found on the manuals page), which might be more reliable
>> when it comes to specific notational terminology.
>>
>> Yours, Simon
>

> Well, the glossary is a nice hint. But have you considered that the glossary
> is only available in English? So that a not anglophone could not find an
> expression she/he does not know! (Just the case for me.)
>
> It could help, if there is a parallel glossary in another mothertongue. This
> is not the case, as there is only an English version - AFAIK. Do you really
> think, a non English speaker will find a word in an English glossary one
> does not know?

Try to do a search with your browser for "Hals" or "Notenhals" and
you'll immediately find stem (ofcourse using the big-page or the pdf
not the splitted html).
Overall the translations are not complete, likely because of a lack of
contributors^^, I doubt this will be different for a german glossary.

Cheers,
  Harm