Re: how to get notes without tails?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: how to get notes without tails?
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 14:16:29 -0500

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 1:40 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings All,

Not that it is relevant to the OP’s question in any way, but I can’t help noticing out that this didactic example makes copious use of horizontal bracket spanners with centred text on every note - the very thing that I am currently working on. They’re everywhere. :-)

LilyPond already has the ability to make analysis brackets, which are attached to note columns and can nest as in the link (HorizontalBracket).  I have an old patch for adding text to these that I will finish up and post.  (I have code for doing this in Scheme, but my approach now is an enhancement of the C++ engraver.)

The attached file is what I used to use when making form handouts.

David