Re: error: need \paper for paper block

From: Michael Gerdau
Subject: Re: error: need \paper for paper block
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 00:34:25 +0200

> I am trying to create two scores from the same .ly file. The first score
> will be on custom 6x9 paper as defined by "hymnstyle.ly". The second score
> will be cropped by invoking lilypond-book and cropping the paper as in "
> hymnmelodystyle.ly". However I keep getting the error message "error:
> need \paper for paper block" referring to the style sheets. I have tried
> putting a blank paper block at the top level of the main file, but that
> doesn't seem to help. Any thoughts?

Difficult to say. Your example isn't exactly minimal. It is not even
complete in that you did not include all included files. If those you
left out are not required then don't include them in your example.

When I try to compile it I get several errors and warnings.
Maybe the \paper one is a red hering and the problem is in fact
somewhere else ?

Things I'd change:
- your version string is invalid
- remove the layout block from inside Hymstyle. I get rid of a whole
 bunch of warnings and errors when I do so
- insert one or two dummy notes in the \score block

It all boils down to creating a minimal example.

Kind regards,
Michael
--
 Michael Gerdau       email: address@hidden