Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 19:51:20 +0000 (UTC)

> > Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> >> This thread makes me wonder: what's the average age of LilyPond users
> >> and developers?

47! I've used LilyPond from the very first versions back in 1996. Actually,
I first used the MPP (MusiXTeX PreProcessor) by Han-Wen and Jan and then
started to test LilyPond as soon as it appeared. I contributed with some
patches and lots of bug reports and later spent too much of my time
supporting other LilyPond users on the mailing lists. Nowadays, I don't have
any time to contribute to the development, but still use the program every
now and then.

In my profession, I'm an associate professor in Signal Processing. On my
spare time, I'm an enthusiastic violin player, among others specializing in
baroque music. My typesetting is mostly spent on preparing readable versions
of more or less unreadable manuscripts, some occasional transpositions and
simple arrangements, and finally to typeset songs that my daughters make up.

   /Mats