Re: Poor man's ossia, continued

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Poor man's ossia, continued
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:26:36 +0200

Am 15.09.2015 um 10:26 schrieb Menu Jacques:
Hello folks,

Trying to define a function using the solution provided by this list, I bump
into the following:
- I have to use \relative before \poorMansOssia, otherwise the music in the
"ossia" is taken into account to determine the following note’s octave;
That’s how relative works: Lily doesn’t automatically start a new “relative block” for new voices. IMO that’s good because it’s easier to find out the pitch of the last entered note than that one of the last note in the current voice.
- there’s a missing bar in the first staff, can’t find where to put the « | » to
get it;
No, there isn’t. There are only notes for two bars. Did you mean a bar *line*? Then | won’t set a bar line but complain when you place it somewhere and there shouldn’t be a bar line. You might want to use one of the \bar (for a line in mid-measure) or \partial (for a shorter measure) commands or override measureLength or measurePosition (dito).
- the "ossia" in the second staff is offset to the right, while it isn’t in the
first one.
This happens because the NoteHeads are aligned, even when they are hidden. You can try to override the NoteHead’s stem-attachment or the Stem’s and Beam’s extra-offset but I don’t know how to find the exact values.