Re: Transpose without collapsing double accidentals

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Transpose without collapsing double accidentals
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:21:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015, David Kastrup wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > If transposing music produces notes with alteration of more than a whole
> > tone, \transpose will produce a warning and change the note name.  I would
> > like to be able to transpose notes up or down an octave without changing
> > their names or alteration at all, even if it is more than a whole
> > tone.
>
> Issue 1009, fixed in version 2.19.0.

Thanks for the pointer.

LilyPond 2.19 (installation of which is non-trivial, since it seems to be
only available through Git and is dependent on several obsolete packages)
fixes this in small test cases, but chokes on the regular.ly script from
http://x31eq.com/lilypond/ , which I'm using in my actual project.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.