Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:49:12 +0100

David Nalesnik wrote Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:14 PM

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 12:10 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/opera-and-stage-musicals#dialogue-over-music
>>
>> I'd like to see this developed and added to LP core.
>>
> Right now LyricHyphen will draw something resembling the spanner line,
> but comprised of a succession of round-filled boxes.

Actually for the purpose I had in mind (words over music but spoken and out of
rhythm)
we wouldn't need a spanner line, just the spaced-out text.

> Here's a sketch: [snipped]

Using lyrics with explicit durations is the way it's done in the NR now, but
it's
difficult to set up and prone to not working under some circumstances.  The
automatic spacing over several lines was the attractive feature of your
TextSpan code.

Trevor