Re: Multiple scores in a single document

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Multiple scores in a single document
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:19:01 +0100

On 22/09/15 19:08, tisimst wrote:

> On 9/22/2015 12:06 PM, Simon Albrecht-2 [via Lilypond] wrote:
>
>> On 22.09.2015 19:53, T. Michael Sommers wrote:
>> > Is it possible to have multiple independent scores in a single
>> document,
>>
>> Of course it’s possible: just use more than one \score {} block.
>>
>> > with each score having its own title, composer, arranger, and so
>> > forth?  From what I can see, if a score has those items in its header,
>> > they are ignored.
>>
>> A score can contain its own \header {} block, but settings from a
>> top-level \header {} block will override those specific to one score. So
>> you need to remove the respective definition from the top-level header
>> block in order to change it score-wise.
>> See
>>
> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers>
>

>> for comprehensive documentation.
>
> What Simon said, but I think the next section will be more helpful to you:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/custom-titles-headers-and-footers

Actually, I think Michael's right - by default lily assumes that certain
header items haven't changed, so don't need to be repeated. Multiple
scores are for multiple movements of the same work. I've not played with
it yet, so I can't remember for sure, but I know I wanted to put
multiple parts in the same file and it's not as easy as it sounds. The
second part iirc was missing the title, and the instrument!, which is
pretty serious seeing as the instrument was one of the things that
changed! :-)

Look at \bookpart, not \score.

And look at over-riding the various functions called to print headers,
putting your override versions in the \paper block. Sounds like you want
to override the default header function called from \score, and tell it
to call the header function associated with the entire document instead.

Cheers,
Wol