Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line

From: Daniel Miller
Subject: Re: Having some trouble getting LilyPond to run on the command line
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:00:34 -0400

Thanks Ralf (and everyone!). Editing the abjads configuration file fixed my problem immediately. Abjad now writes to LilyPond exactly as it should.

My apologies for my general incompetence in explaining my problem and following all of your helpful instructions. As I'm sure is obvious, I'm pretty new to working on the command line. I will also add a note to the stackoverflow so future users will find an answer there as well.

Thanks again!
Daniel

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Ralf Mattes <address@hidden> wrote:

Am Freitag, 25. September 2015 17:03 CEST, Daniel Miller <address@hidden> schrieb:

> That's certainly a valid criticism, David, and my intention is certainly
> not to waste anyone's time. However, I think it's natural that as users
> (particularly very new users) search for information online, they will find
> increasingly specialized help forums and/or will fail to find answers in
> one place and will try another place instead. Not every case of
> multi-posting is a case of forum spamming, and indeed I do update and/or
> close discussions as answers become apparent elsewhere.

Hello Daniel,

in this case I wouldn't consider the double post a waste of time, given the
small intersection of Lilypond mailing list members an the Stack Overflow crow.
It might be a good idea to mention your other attempts to solve your problem in
the mail so we have a chance to see what has allready been mentioned.

Anyway, back to your problem (running abjad, was that your goal?):

 I hink the easiest route would be to edit abjads configuration file (see
  http://abjad.mbrsi.org/installation.html#configuring-abjad). You might want
to change the line

 lilypond_path = lilypond

 lilypond_path = /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

That should o the trick (sorry, I'm a bit short on time to install abjad on a Mac
right now, so I  can't test it myself).

HTH Ralf Mattes