Re: Repeat with alternatives

From: Brian Barker
Subject: Re: Repeat with alternatives
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 06:58:43 +0100

At 19:30 02/10/2015 +0100, Anthony Youngman wrote:
At the end of the day, it's down to the conductor to make sure the players know what they're doing.

But surely engraved music is designed to indicate this unambiguously? If the conductor needs to get involved, the representation has failed. If I compose music and publish ambiguous engravings, any conductor cannot know what I intended.

Brian Barker