Re: A title with a transposing note name

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: A title with a transposing note name
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 11:18:01 +0100

On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 11:52 +0200, Thomas Morley wrote:

> > I would expect that you can specifically override the font for the
[...]
> > But again I did not find a working solution.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Michael
>

> Try:
>
> \new ChordNames { \override ChordName.font-name = "Purisa" f' }
>
> With "Times New Roman" there is a problem, for more info search the
> bug-tracker.
> Use "Times New Roman," instead.

Thank you! "Purisa" didn't do anything on my Debian system, but things
like Free Serif Bold did - and Times New Roman with a trailing comma
also worked. My problem now will be allowing users of different
operating systems to generate these transposable titles when I don't
know what fonts they may have installed... well, I see that

 \new ChordNames {\override ChordName.font-family = #'roman \override
ChordName.font-size = #1.0  a' }\layout{indent=0.0}
} minor

does work, and perhaps will work on windows too...

Richard