Serpent Publications

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Serpent Publications
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:42:05 +0200

Hello Laura,

I just had a look at your <http://serpentpublications.org> collection. Very nice project you have there! I like the concept of using parts and retaining the original ‘measure notation’. (Personally, I also think we might gain a lot by just turning to use the traditional c clefs again – it really helps polyphonic thinking in my eyes, and perhaps it wouldn’t pose much of a difficulty if one were used to them.)
Two small hints:
– You should really use proper lyric hyphens and extenders, like:
\lyricmode { ly -- ric __ }.
– Unfortunately, LilyPond’s default text font is quite wide, so perhaps you might want to look for a narrower one. Personally, I very much like the Alegreya font (which has a Sans version as well) from <http://fontsquirrel.com>.

But thanks for your work on this!
Yours, Simon