Odd \partial

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Odd \partial
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:26:34 -0400

Greetings -

I have an issue with a \partial that I haven't encountered before.

I'm running Ly 2.29.24 under Win 7 SP1 with Frescobaldi.

The piece I'm trying to transcribe has a short measure at the beginning, before a repeat (please see the attachment). I tried using
\partial 5/8 { fs8 g fs es fs } |
but LilyPond didn't recognize it.

I've been able to get the correct result using

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.24"
\include "english.ly"

#(set-global-staff-size 20.0)

laPartida =
\relative c'
{
  \clef treble
  \key b \minor
  \time 3/4

  \set Timing.beamExceptions = #'()

\set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 5/8)
{ fs8 g fs es fs } |
\set Timing.measureLength = #(ly:make-moment 3/4)
  \repeat volta 2 {
    d'4.^Dm fs,8 d' fs, |
     d'4.^Dm fs,8 d' fs, |

\score {
  \laPartida
  \layout { indent = 0 }
}

but it seems clumsy. Is there a way to do this using
\partial
?

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph