Re: Note names inside dots

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Note names inside dots
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 23:20:57 +0200

> Hi Harm,
>
> I just tested your changes (from 2014) to fret-diagram.scm and I really like
> the new
> options.

Glad you like it.

> There is only one little issue: when one defines text inside dots
> for open strings an unwanted capo bar appears. Tiny example:
>
> \version "2.19.30"
>
> \markup
>   \override #'(size . 5)
>   \override #'(fret-diagram-details . ((finger-code . in-dot)))
>   \fill-line {
>       \fret-diagram-verbose #`(
>         (place-fret 4 0 "g")
>       )
>     }
>
> HTH,
> Patrick

Well, it's not related to my changes, as far as I can tell. See:

\markup {
      \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
        (place-fret 4 0)
      )
    }

I could follow this one bac to 2.14.2, the oldest I've installed atm

Though, the syntax to enter an open string is `(open 4)', but with
this you can't print text inside the dot. It is currently not
supported.
Nevertheless, I'd call the additional barre a bug.

Please file a bug report, if none exists already (didn't check). I may
have a look tomorrow (hopefully).

Cheers,
  Harm